Devana how a browser game is made

25Jan/1118

tweaking the core

It's been a while since the last update. Busy have I been. 😛

1. I've added a database class in the form of a wrapper that makes the whole db thing abstract. Along with the template system this now makes for a simple MVC model.

2. I've moved the game configuration variables from the database to a php file.
It currently isn't finished, since I have to add all the units, buildings in it, but it has a few entries added to illustrate it's functionality.
The labels have also been moved to a php file instead of being stored in the database.

3. I've worked on the database structure a bit as well. See the attached zip file for the current structure.

the files so far: devana.zip

Filed under: devana 18 Comments